|Image||Part Number||Name||Description||Price (KWD)||Buy|
- Jun 23 2022 13:13:37
Know More About Ransomware Attacks & Find Solutions to Your Security Issues
Oops, your important files are encrypted!
Your computer has been hacked!
● These are the messages that are seen commonly nowadays. It is affecting every industry, disrupting the whole business.
● A cyber ransomware infection attack happens every 14 seconds, having the potential to wreak long-term financial and reputational damage. Until it occurs to your company, it will seem like just another alarming statistic.
What exactly is ransomware?
What should you do if you are a victim of an attack?
● Ransomware is a type of malicious software designed to extort money from its victims.
● The demands are straightforward: pay the ransom or have your business badly harmed or shut down completely.
● Typically, an organization knows of an attack when it receives an on-screen message stating that data on its network has been encrypted and will be inaccessible until the ransom is paid or their demand is accepted.
● They will only be given the decryption key to access their data if the demand is met. If you don't accept their demand, the key will be erased, making your data inaccessible forever.
● Ransomware attacks take numerous forms and come in a variety of sizes and shapes.
● The type of ransomware deployed is influenced by the attack vector. It is vital to always evaluate what is at risk or what data could be erased or published when estimating the magnitude and scope of an attack.
● Regardless of the form of ransomware, storing up data ahead of time and using protection tools properly can greatly lessen the severity of an attack.
( Protect your network with Shopkees - Learn more)
2 types of ransomware are commonly seen around the world
● Locker - Locks you out in a basic computer function. Forcing you to never gain control
● Crypto - Crypto ransomware's goal is to encrypt your vital data, such as documents, photos, and videos, but not to disrupt your computer's core functions. This spreads fear and confusion because users can see their files but cannot access them.
Crypto creators often add a timeline to their ransom demand: "If you don't pay the ransom by the deadline, all your data will be deleted."
How to Stay Away from Ransomware
Being a cautious and conscientious computer user is the greatest method to avoid being infected with ransomware—or any sort of virus. Malware developers have become more sophisticated, so be cautious of what you click and what you download.
● Make sure your anti-virus and anti-malware software is set to update automatically and run scans regularly.
● Data should be backed up regularly, and those backups should be double-checked.
● Make sure your backups are safe. Check to see if they're connected to the computers and networks they're backing up.
● Create a backup plan if your company or organization gets hit by ransomware.
● Be cautious about where you click. Don't respond to emails or text messages from unknown, and only download apps from reliable sources.
● Every member of your organization should receive regular security awareness training to help them avoid phishing and other social engineering attacks.
● Eliminate advanced threats with the most open and complete detection and response solution
Shopkees solutions is an authorized dealer who specializes in network security
● Shopkees security solution can detect ransomware activity using policy-based monitoring and deception techniques before it does substantial damage.
● Shopkees detects unusual file access behavior in real-time and quarantines compromised people or devices that are at risk of being infected with ransomware.
● It also provides data that can be used by security teams to investigate and report on ransomware activity.
Explore Shopkees security solutions ( Here)
Sep 19 , 2023The best cameras for video shooting or vlogs in 2023
Aug 24 , 2023How Can an All-In-One Laser Printer Benefit Me?
Jul 29 , 2023The Best Back-to-School Devices for 2023
Jul 11 , 2023iOS 17 - The Gamechanger Update Is Released To Rock!
May 16 , 2023How To Improve Your Phone Battery Life?