||Tower or 4U rack
One Intel processor (formerly codenamed "Coffee Lake"). Choose from:
- Intel Xeon E-2100 Series processor up to 3.8 GHz
- Intel Core i3-8100/8300 Series processor up to 4 GHz
- Intel Pentium G5400/G5500/G5600 Series processor up to 3.9 GHz
- Intel Celeron G4900 Series processor up to 3.2 GHz
||Intel C246 chipset
||Four DIMM sockets supporting Lenovo TruDDR4 DIMMs at 2666 MHz. Support ECC UDIMMs. For China customers, the server supports non-ECC DIMMs (ECC and non-ECC cannot be mixed).
||Up to 64 GB with 4x 16 GB UDIMMs
||Error-correcting code (ECC)
|Disk drive bays
Up to 4x 3.5-inch non-hot swap (NHS) drive bays.
Bays 1-3 only support 3.5" HDD or SSD drives; Bay 4 supports one of the following configurations:
- 3.5-inch non-hot-swap HDD or SSD in a 5.25-inch conversion tray
- Half-high optical drive (either DVD-ROM or DVD-RW)
- Half-high backup unit (either LTO tape or RDX drive)
- Combination 3.5-inch non-hot-swap HDD or SSD plus a slim optical DVD-RW
The server can be configured without any HDDs or SSDs. The server also supports 2x SD Cards installed in an optional SD Card Adapter (RAID not supported).
|Maximum internal storage
- Using HDDs: 32 TB using 4x 8TB SATA HDDs
- Using SSDs: 3.84 TB using 4x 960GB SATA SSDs
HDDs and SSDs can be installed in the same server but are not supported in the same RAID volume
- Onboard 6 Gb SATA controller, supporting AHCI mode (non-RAID) or Intel RSTe software RAID (RAID 0, 1, 10, 5)
- 12 Gb RAID controller:
- RAID 530i (cacheless) supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5
- RAID 730-8i with 1GB cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5
- RAID 930-8i with 2GB flash-backed cache supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 6
- 12 Gb Host Bus Adapter:
|Media drive bay
||One half-height 5.25-inch bay for optical or tape drive. Supports DVD-ROM or DVD-RW. Mutually exclusive with the fourth HDD/SSD.
||One integrated Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T port (RJ-45) using Intel i219-LM controller.
|PCI Expansion slots
||Three PCIe slots as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 full-height half-length (FHHL)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x1 full-height half-length (FHHL)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x4 (physical connector is x16) full-height half-length (FHHL)
- Two USB ports (both are USB 3.1 G1)
- Four USB ports (two USB 3.1 G1, two USB 2.0)
- Two DisplayPort video ports (require a processor with integrated graphics)
- One RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet port
- One serial port
- One audio line-out ports (Windows 10 only; some line noise is possible)
||Supports ASHRAE A2 and ASHRAE B environments. Two fixed system fans. Additional fans attached to the processor, in the power supply, and in the optional media bay enclosure.
||One fixed power supply, either 250W or 400W power supply. 80 PLUS Platinum certified.
Power and drive activity LEDs. Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) 12.0 server management. Supports Integrated Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager Lite (USB memory key-based) for system setup and firmware upgrades. No support for XClarity Controller (XCC).
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM), supporting TPM 1.2 or TPM 2.0. Optional Chassis intrusion switch. Padlock loop and Kensington cable slot for physical security.
||Integrated Intel Graphics Technology (Intel GT) on most processors - see the Processors section. Two DisplayPort ports. Maximum resolution is 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K) at a refresh rate of 60Hz. On servers with a processor that does not have integrated graphics, the two DP ports are not connected and a separate GPU adapter is required. See GPU adapters for details.
|Operating systems supported
||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware ESXi. See the Operating system support section for specifics.
||Three-year or one-year (model dependent) customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day (NBD).
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 6-hour fix time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, software support for Lenovo hardware and some third-party applications.
||Height: 375 mm (14.8 in), width: 175 mm (6.9 in), depth: 407 mm (16.0 in)
||Minimum: 7.5 kg (16.5 lb), maximum: 11.2 kg (24.7 lb)